Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Caught in the crossfire

Oh Brandon Flowers, thank you for helping the Killers become awesome and thank you for making your solo efforts awesome.  I appreciate your lyrics and your music mixing abilities.  Thank you.

On to music picks for the week.  A long time ago I had the idea of listening to old albums that I never really paid any attention to anymore, so I've slowly been working my way through the mine field that is my itunes and also my cd collection.  I had completely forgotten how much I LOVE the Killers, and also, the Sex Pistols.  Many people don't realize that I am a huge fan of classic punk music.  Give me some Patti Smith, Sex Pistols, Velvet Underground, Ramones...I'm like a kid in a candy shop with that stuff.  It's powerful and raw, these people were singing about there generation, no sugar coating.  They weren't just outcasts from society, they were outcasts from the music scene too.  They fought for what they knew would change the way music was listened to for decades! Punk still influences us! Music amazes me.

Solid favorites of the week  that keep making it's way up the playlists:

Mumford and Sons
Florence and the Machine
Marina and the Diamonds
White Rabbits

as always, blogotheque.net for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment