Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Procrastination has many names

I'm the worst at doing work or getting work done. I get so determined and go pretty great for a while, but then...I just end up tooling around! I can't stop myself! Ok, case and point. Right now I should be finishing this art project that is due next week, that way I can do other projects that are also do in the upcoming weeks. I am ALMOST DONE this stupid power point (which I don't even have to present), but of course, I cannot complete it knowing that I have a week to pass it in. Terrible. I was hoping that my insane anxiety would kick in and say, "Allyson, you do not want to wait until the last minute, you know what you get like under pressure!" But, as luck would have it, my anxiety has been surprisingly at bay throughout this whole trip (Ry, you'd be proud). Paranoia at an all time low. Caring, unfortunately, is also at an all time low. UGHH. ok. i need to kick it up and do this. I can do it!

haha...all i can think of is that stupid song from Dumbo, and i hate Dumbo
"casey jr.'s comin' down the track, casey jr.'s back, comin' down the tracks!" i think it goes on to the "i can do i can do it..." part

shout out to courty- the power of lurve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. ACK! i am feeling all the same feelings right now, and i'm only MENTALLY freaking out, but not physically. as in, i know i have a lot of work to do, and i just can't make myself do it! i wanted to get a lot done today and forgot it all at school (i came home because today is the lily allen concert). i packed it all up and left it by the door. ugh ugh ugh. so now i have to read a play online. try and do some research, too. BLARGH. this is the worst part of any semester.

    ReplyDelete