Saturday, April 11, 2009

Half of the time we're going, but we don't know where..

SPRING BREAK has come and gone, which also means that my birthday has come and gone! This is a quick run down of events, nothing too detailed, but just a little somethin'!

1. Traveled to Paris on Friday, apr 3, holiest of all holy days.
2. Turned 21 whilst underneath the Eiffel Tower.
3. Had a 7euro Corona that night at a bar Megan knew courtesy of Brett and then a birthday Blow Job shot thanks to Megan,lol! That was my night, I really just wanted to sleep because I hadn't in like 36hours.
4. Woke up and went to the Arc de Triumph and Champs- Elysees and then walked to the Concorde and back
5. Woke up and went to the Louvre and Musee D'Orsay for GRATIS because it was the first sunday of the month and all museums in Paris are freeskis..absolutely amazing
6. Walked around some more, and then took a nap in the park
7. Went back to the Eiffel Tower to go up!
8. Was basically 5years old in the Eiffel Tower, I've never seen anything more beautiful in my life!I can't even describe it!!! Bretch pretended to propose to me, it was perfect,lol!
9. Notre Dame the next day and then the gigantic cemetary with Jim Morrison's grave and Oscar Wilde, also Sarah Bernhardt and Chopin!!(i was interviewed by a german independent radio station asking me why i loved jim morrison...i said music never dies,HAHAHAHA)
10. ROME!
11. Met with Aubrey and Mike Smith after a little roman shopping
12. Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Colesseum=my favorite parts of Rome
13. Vatican City was cool, but not as cool as I thought it would be....I wished Court and Anthony were with me to make fun of churchy things
14. Thoroughly started missing my sister after Aubrey and I hung out so much
15. Met 2 Italian boys named Francesco (who had my birthday) and Simone, they were in the army...they walked us home and invited us to a drink the next day
16. sort of stood up by the italian boys, but not really because they left their numbers and an apology at the front desk of the hostel!!!hahaaahahhaahaa
17. met with Megan's friend and roommate Katie and her friends that she was traveling with and went back to the colesseum!!
18. Took a plane back to Madrid and then a 5 hour bus back to Granada


Best spring break EVER, manos abajo! I loved everything about how the countries were so different! The next language I learn will be french, but then italian definitely! I miss my sistah!

3 comments:

  1. are we taking french 401 in the fall? I'm like 1/3 serious about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went to Jim Morrison's grave???? OK, so that was like top on my list of things I must do before I die when I was in high school. Good answer re. music never dies.

    Glad you had a BLAST on your birthday.

    I really enjoyed this post. Loving #2. "whilst". You dont know this about me, but I occaisonally throw a whilst in my emails to colleagues at work just to make them laugh and to see who is paying attention.

    Happy belated Birthday!!

    Courtney- get your butt over there! See what you're missing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh TELL me about it! this post made me so sad! i miss you, sister! you are my favorite and i wish i was in roma with you!

    ReplyDelete