Tuesday, April 20, 2010

geting to know you, getting to know all about you

So I realize that this blog has sort of become my soap box for the artists that I love, and I want to be fair to everyone and all types of music!

First of all, my one and only plug for this post, but if you are trying to get into the alternative scene, check out Camera Obscura, they aren't as up against the wall alternative as other artists i've been talking about recently, they are very instrumental and her voice is really easy to listen to. I promise you won't be dissapointed.

Okay, here is the challenge I give you for this week:

We have all become too accustomed to our ipods, mp3s, walkmen and discmen. I say get rid of them for the week, or at least, get rid of your ability to shuffle or make playlists. Somewhere along the line we got caught up with the newest gadget and the newest accessory, but we forgot about what was truly important; the music. Some people might look at this statement as false, they have compiled hundreds of albums and thousands of songs so they feel that they have more use of their gadgets because they have all of this music at their fingertips. I am one of those people, however, I also find that I forget a lot of the music that I compile over time. A ton of my music gets lost in my ipod because I get something to listen to that is newer and better.

So the challenge that I offer you is this; Listen to an older album that you have. Listen to the whole thing non-stop, no rewinding and no fast forwarding through songs you don't really like. Find the reason why you loved this album to begin with. Listen to a new album that you have or an older one, I don't care. Just make sure that it is an album that you haven't heard in a while. You'd be surprised at all of the music you missed hearing and all the music you'll remember that you loved. Maybe you'll save your harddrive some space by replaying old music instead of constantly uploading or downloading the newest and hottest tracks!

Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment