Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Today's Obsessions

Lucius. Wildewoman
Jay Z. Picasso Baby
Asaf Avidan & The Mojos. One Day/Reckoning Song
Andrew Bird and Tift Merritt. Newport Folk Festival set
The Civil Wars. The Civil Wars (self-titled new album that hit toady)

I can't stop listening to these 5 things right now.  I know that they are all very different from each other, which is a huge reason I think that I'm appreciating them all today. There hasn't been a good flow to my mood today, so I think that's sort of where the mixed and matched songs are coming from.  

I'm eager to hear Lucius's new album hitting in October and listening to the new Civil Wars album is absolutely heart breaking. I hope that they come back together eventually, I'm not alone when I say that I love them and think that they have an amazing gift.  

The Asaf Avidan track is a little more out there than I usually get into, but I was watching The Crash Reel documentary about pro-snowboarder Kevin Pearce, and this song was the outro.  I loved it and had to keep listening to it! 

Jay Z, obviously, is making huge headlines with Picasso Baby. I also have Condos in my Condo, but that's more because I am a Condo and I live in a sort of Condo....it works. Anyway, it's been cool to hear my family immortalized in a Jay Z song, not to mention a really good Jay Z song.  I love the way that he tells everyone it's not that different, art and music, aren't they all related at some point anyway? 


No comments:

Post a Comment