Monday, March 2, 2009

"Today I finally overcame, tryin' to fit the world inside a picture frame"

Words cannot describe this past week. I took over 300 pictures, and compared to other people, that's not a lot at all. We started our week in Barona, then we went to Santiago de Compostela, then A Coruna, THEN Madrid, Salamanca, and back to Madrid. It was the most amazing vacation away from a vacation I have ever had.

So no one knew that 3 out of 4 of our hotels would overlook the ocean, we were thoroughly surprised and extremely happy to sea water. Not just water though, it was the other side of the Atlantic, so it had that Atlantic-y smell and a cooler breeze than the Mediterranean has. I wish that I had brought a bathing suit, I would've gone swimming. There wasn't a day in Galicia that was gray or cloudy, everyday was beautiful and we were outside everyday. We went hiking, and site seeing, I love every second of this part of our trip. The only part that was a little annoying was that for the first 3 nights we had a different hotel in a different location, so we'd do our thing, get our stuff, get in a bus, and move to the next hotel a couple hours away. Not a bad deal.

Madrid was just as awesome as Galicia, I hit up the Royal Palaca for a tour, got some Museo de la Reina Sofia in there, anndddd of course El Prado!!! All 3 blew my mind basically. I saw "Girl in the Window"- Salvador Dali, "Guernica"-Picasso...AMAZING!!!!!Guernica itself was gigantic, and I could've stood there for hours just looking at it.

I could go into some pretty extreme detail about this week, but I'm not going to. As a whole, this week was pretty excellent, I had a great time travelling and know for sure that I need to travel in life to be truly happy.

1 comment:

  1. how did i not know that you had a blog?! psh. we should be blog friends.

    also, i hope you can have a home base near me, so that when you're through with all your exciting travels, you can come home and we can snuggle!

    ReplyDelete