Thursday, January 5, 2012

Munchen

European travel is so worth the annoying flight. The music, food, architecture and art are always breathtaking and always inspiring. I am currently in the Munich airport in Germany with my brother, reluctantly waiting for our plane to take us back the States.

One of the things about Munich that really caught my attention was the lack of German made music. Almost everything that the younger population listens to is American music. I asked one of our friends here about it and he seemed surprised that I would care. He said listenin to German music is crap. The only music that is truly German is for old people(polka, etc.) I asked him what music he liked and he told me
that the only German music that was any good were the up and coming rappers. Other than that, anything tht has a hypnotic beat will suffice for him. It serms that is the common response from everyone in the room. If it can be danced to, then it's good.

Every morning we wake up to music, notall American. One song that was heavily played was a Portugese club song, complete with accompanying dance moves. Se et un Pego. I'm pretty sure it is by a singer Michele Telles...I'll have to double check. Either way, it was a fun one to listen to.

Chuss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment