Wednesday, February 18, 2009

General Update

I've realized I have a lot of free time on my hands...I update a lot now, but I have a feeling it'll start to spread out more as I get into going on more trips and actually having homework.

Today was the most gorgeous day I've seen in Granada. There have been beautiful days, they're have been warmer days, but today was perfect. I got to wake up late because I didn't have class until 1, so I went to school a little early and chilled out until class. Grammar wasn't exactly the greatest class in the world, but I like our teacher, so I feel like I owe it to him to pay attention. He really tries to make the subject interesting, he even speaks in english a lot to get his point across, or if we don't get something he'll clarify in english. I know that the point of me being here is to speak more spanish, but if I don't know what I'm learning in class, I'm not going to know how to speak better, so I'm glad he breaks it down. After class I had lunch at home...chicken and potato salad?? That's my guess, but my guess is as good as yours! I WENT FOR A RUN!!! Yes people at home, I, Allyson Condo, went for a run outside in the streets of a city. I ran for a while and then my iPod froze?? I didn't even know what was possible, apparently it is. So because of this I walked the remainder of the way back to school in complete frustration of not being able to listen to music. Luckily, Alex was at school and he "fixed" the situation by pressing down the middle and menu button...who knew?Clearly not me. Whatever, my iPod is fixed, that's all I care about.
Today Megan and I bought our plane tickets from Madrid to Dublin for May so that we don't have to pay ridiculous amounts of fees with Ryanair. So, yay! we have a way of getting home now! I'm pretty excited, this is also our Dublin trip, so we will be in Ireland for 3 days and then we just leave from Ireland and go home from there, it should be really fun!

The following things have pysched me up in the past day or so:

-I get to live in a hotel ALL week next week...that means unlimited shower time..aka ability to shave!
-Kendra comes literally a week and a half after I return from previously posted hotel trip!!!!!!!!!
-Nice weather
-My run today...it may become an every other day occurence
-The fact that my geography class here counts as my last class for my minor!
-(at first I wasn't that happy about it, but now...)I love that my family has skype and fb. I love that I can talk to them whenever I want. I was truly concerned about this when I was coming here, I was truly concerned that I would not be as close to my family as I was before I left...not anymore
-Spain...just in general, I keep randomly remembering that this is where I live right now, and that's fucking awesome
-Baseball starts soon.
-I'm getting way more into futbol

Random throw-in: my hair is curly to the extreme lately, and there's nothing I can do about it. However, I don't think that I want to do anything about it! It's big, it's rather fluffy, but it works for me I think...check back in a couple days, I may not be so happy wth it after a few days...

I'm not excited about waking up tomorrow at 7:30am for an 8:30am class...this has already gotten old and i've only had to do it 3 times so far. I'm not gonna last

No comments:

Post a Comment