Friday, June 14, 2013

Rainy Day

TGIF! Now, if only it weren't raining... We can't always have sunny days in New England, but we can enjoy the gloom with a few key songs and the perfect plans for dinner!  After a nice little home cooked meal (post brutal work out with personal trainer), I can't wait to have a great night hanging out with people that make me feel like the work week is just what I do, not who I am!

For a Friday night that is bound to be a little wet before hitting the bars, getting pumped up and into the right frame of mind is key! I recommend Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke (Ft. Pharrell and T.I) for just such an occasion. It's new, it's a great pop song, and it makes me want to move around a lot! A favorite line from this song, "What rhymes with hug me?" I love it when you can hear Thicke laugh a little while he is singing this specific line, it makes me like the song even more because I know that it isn't taking itself too seriously.  

Another great listen, obviously, is I Love It by Icona Pop.  My sister, brother in law, and I were all at the Marina and the Diamonds concert when we first heard Icona Pop. They were opening for Marina and we got there just in time for them to start rocking out hard core to their best known song.  Since we saw that concert way back in December, the world has gone crazy for this Swedish duo and I Love It has become a sort of anthem.  It is slightly overplayed on our Top Hits Station in the Boston area, but I still love it so much! Tough week at work? Who cares?! I don't care, I Love It basically becomes the trending hashtag of the the weekend.

Finally, as I make my way into the rain tonight to go down to our favorite pub, I know that Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Get Lucky will be played at least once!  The perfect send off for a night full of carefree fun and flirting!  

And on that note....thank God it's Friday night....



No comments:

Post a Comment