Friday, May 22, 2009

nooo

So I know that this blog has followed me pretty closely through my semester in Spain, and I also realize that there has been a fair amount of tossing between wanting to be home and wanting to be in Spain. Well, the finale is here and I still can't figure out what I want. Here are a list of pros and cons that I have compiled throughout the semester:

Pros (+) Cons(-)

+hablo espanol mejor
-english is not doing so well :/
+ I got closer to a lot of people I had never met/ would never have met if it hadn't been for Granada
+Granada means pomegranite in spanish
+I'm basically an adult here, minus the fact that I live with a family...I'm very independent
- I hate feeling trapped and not being able to go home
-Not seeing my family at all for 4 and 1/2 months was a bit rough
+ I know my boundaries now and can safely say that moving far away wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to me
- I didn't meet nearly enough Spaniards
+I fell in love with Granada and Sevilla...I could live there, seriously
-I don't think I could deal with 112+ heat in the summer
+/- tengo programas de television que no se si puedo ver en los estados unidos :(...which means i'd just have to come back and watch them ;)
+ I hate being out of the loop...but this semester wasn't the worst thing that's ever happened to my family knowledge
- I hate being out of the loop
+I live in a city with a palace
-I need who I need
-skype is a terrible form of communication
-I still don't know what I want to do with my life
+ I want to travel WAY more in life, this has opened me up to a lot
-I spent way too much time thinking about things that could be/might be and not enough time on what was happening in the moment
+ I won't let anything stop me from coming back to Spain. I love speaking spanish too much to stop and I love Spain too much to never come back.

So basically I still have strong feelings to stay and strong feelings to go. Either way I'm leaving (which sucks) and I can't do much about that. Money is low and the 5567 is calling. Boo/Yay!
Where the hell did the last 4 and a half months go?

No comments:

Post a Comment