Tuesday, July 30, 2013

T Swift...ugh

So this past Friday I was invited by my aunt and cousins to join them at the Taylor Swift Concert at Gillette Stadium.  When my cousin first asked me if I wanted to go, my initial reaction was "I really want to say no....but I won't," and now after having seen her live, I can honestly say, T Swift...you were alright.  

I've been to many concerts, probably not as many as other people, but enough to know when an artist is being truly genuine when thanking the audience for attending and paying A LOT of money for tickets.  This concert, especially, was gratitude worthy because it rained for the entire show.  Not pouring, but enough to make you wet and sort of uncomfortable. These things being said, I sort of felt like Swift was too good for it. I don't know, it just really rubbed me the wrong way that she never really said thank you genuinely.  

The joke is really on me, though, because what did I do as soon as I got home? Why, I completed my Red album, of course! Those songs are just SO G D catchy! Curse you, Taylor Swift, I will continue to listen to your music because it's fun, but not because I like you. 

p.s. no 22 year old feels that way about being 22....go fill your own gas tank and tell me how you feel when you can't get a full gallon out of the spare change in your car. that's what 22 feels like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment